Before discussing on merits and demerits of drinking coffee, it would be better if we know some history about coffee. So, with the number of reports of its first use history of coffee goes as far back as the 13th century.
There is thought that the pure native population of coffee has come from East Africa, especially from Ethiopia. But Coffee was cultivated first by Arabs in the 14th century.
And in the 16th century coffee had reached all over the Middle East, Turkey, Persia, and Northern Africa. Thereafter coffee then starts spreading to Italy, the Balkans, the rest part of Europe, Indonesia, and at last to America.
Some Points or facts about the advantages and disadvantages of drinking coffee are mentioned below on the basis of the number of cups or times we drink coffee.
1) One Cup Of Coffee Daily:
- Advantages: Coffee is use to regulate the level of blood pressure and it positively affects the blood vessel. Coffee is also known as an excellent antioxidant that stimulates the activities of our brain.
- Disadvantages: Just a cup of coffee can disturbs our sleep at night because our body needs at least 8 hours to process the caffeine from the coffee itself. Thus, though we love coffee in the morning we should avoid it at night if possible.
2) Two Cups Of Coffee Daily:
- Advantages: If we take coffee during the daytime of this amount it is great prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. Because caffeine increases the number of proteins in the brain that affects memory loss. Not this much also you will gain a greater amount of energy if you consume two cups of coffee 30 minutes before strenuous activity.
- Disadvantages: If Women who are pregnant drink two cups of coffee, they may suffer from a spontaneous abortion or miscarriage. Because caffeine affects the production of adrenaline and the hormone cortisol which is too closely related to the occurrence of this unwanted condition.
3) Three Cups Of Coffee Daily:
- Advantages: Three cups of coffee a day can prevent ovarian cancer in women. And Three cups of coffee per day can prevent the occurrence of gallstones in man.
- Disadvantages: If we take three cups of coffee daily, there are chances of a heart attack.
4) Four Cups Of Coffee Daily:
- Advantages: When we drink four cups of coffee per day that means we are taking about 400 milligrams of caffeine, which is rich in antioxidants. So this cleanses our body and helps us fight against various types of cancer, diabetes, and prostate cancer.
- Disadvantages: Drinking four cups of coffee is not normal. Too much drinking habit of coffee can cause negative results such as sensitive health problems. And people may feel nervousness and anxiety too (not depression).